Tuesday, May 6, 2008

HALF TIME DRILL!

My Dear Friends:

The front page of our web site shows a book - 'Half Time' by Bob Buford that is likely to change the lives of those approaching midlife! The author takes the reader through the challenge of moving life issues from SUCCESS to SIGNIFICANCE.

No doubt one has to wrestle at some point with the question that Rick Warren poses in his book 'The Purpose Driven Life'- What is our purpose? Why am I here? In answering such questions we must consider how SIGNIFICANT is our life? That brings me to the provoking thought - How can I make my life count?

To make a life count in this world is certainly commendable. But is there not a greater question? How can I make my life count after I am gone?

The difference between inheritance and legacy is simple. An inheritance is the estate left behind at death. A legacy is the spiritual fruit left behind from deposited seed during a lifetime! HOW DO YOU PLAN TO ENSURE YOUR LIFE NOW WILL COUNT ONCE YOU ARE GONE?

Pericles said 'What you leave behind is not what is engraved on stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others'. In the book of The Acts of the Apostles it says 'when David had served God's purpose for his own generation, he fell asleep' - this King of Israel had left his mark.

Let me use my blog to encourage and at the same time challenge you to ask some questions of your life. Why am I here? What can I leave behind when I am gone? How can I be significant with the life I have?

This is not something left to a last gasp 'come to Jesus moment' on a death bed. It is purposeful, planned and demonstrated as a lifestyle now.

Impact has a simple mission. Make deposits now and leave a legacy for generations to come. I will answer questions and post challenges weekly on the Impact blog. Please write to me. I look forward to furthering the discussion.

I leave for Zimbabwe this week on another God assignment and I will report upon my return after May 20.

All are blessed few are favored!
Alastair

.

No comments: